Our hand-made chocolate is based on traditions and recipes dating back to the days when Svend Michelsen founded the factory in1933, coupled with new, innovative ideas and methods. Today, the third generation of Michelsens continues the legacy and proud traditions. Sv. Michelsen Chocolate puts quality first – and quality is one of our hallmarks. We always carefully select the raw ingredients to be used in production, and never compromise. All our products are gluten-free.
PURVEYOR TO THE ROYAL DANISH COURT
At Sv. Michelsen Chocolate we take great pride in being Purveyor to the Royal Danish Court, a true stamp of approval for the company. This means that Sv. Michelsen Chocolate supplies the Royal Court with both unique custom chocolates and products from our retail stores, including the numbered ‘Art Tin’. Her Majesty Queen Margrethe II of Denmark receives Art Tin number one every year.
Our key raw material – the cocoa bean – grows in areas with great social and climate challenges. Therefore, all our chocolate is sourced under the international Fairtrade Cocoa Programme which means the following for farmers and workers:
- Prices that cover the average costs of producing their crop sustainably – a vital safety net when market prices drop
- A Fairtrade Premium – an extra sum of money paid on top of the selling price to invest in business or community projects of their choice
- Decent working conditions and a ban on discrimination, forced labour and child labour
Also, in our packaging we constantly try to minimize the impact on the climate:
- Our boxes are made from responsible sources
- Our jars are made from recycled plastic
- Our plastic wrappings are made from agricultural by-products
For more information about Fairtrade visit info.fairtrade.net/sourcing
For more information about our cooperation with Fairtrade, where our cocoa comes from, and what the project means for the farmers (in Danish)
For moree information about our work with sustainability in other areas (in Danish)
Stamholmen 91 | DK-2650 Hvidovre | Tel +45 3920 8500
firstname.lastname@example.org | svmichelsen.dk